Tuesday, October 29, 2013

You asked, I answered.

Hello out there to all my awesome KamariWorld Citizens!

Well, I have decided to start a blog.  You asked for it, so here it is!  I will try to update it with pictures and whatever you'd like so keep me updated in what you want.  So this post will just be a tad generic trying to get everyone up to speed in what's going on and also asking some questions in what you guys want.  Ready? So let's begin...

Well, my name is Stephanie Kamari and I'm a disabled actress in Hollywood.  I have been dreaming of being an actress since I was 4 years old.  It took me 30 years to move to Los Angeles and start really acting.  In the past year, I've been working on multiple independent films.  The next one to come out was my first one when I moved to Los Angeles, Lost Time by Christian Sesma.  It's about to be released, so look for it!  

As I said I'm a disabled actress.  I use crutches to walk, and that adds quite a challenge in this industry.  Disabled people on screen have a tendency to be playing a role of a disabled person.  So, I am trying to bring awareness that disabled people CAN and WANT TO act.  It is a challenge to overcome, but I am not afraid of a challenge.  I think directors are also more willing to accept people with disabilities now.  (When I started at age 4, I was told "no room in Hollywood for a disabled child actor.") 

I am very happy that you're all part of KamariWorld.  Welcome Citizens! (Btw if you didn't know, Citizens is what I want to call my followers because I don't like the name fans.)  I will write more later!  Have a great day!  Let me know what you'd like me to blog about.  Leave me comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment